1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mobo's drivers update

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bilibom, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bilibom

bilibom Banned Thread Starter

I have this mobo

Asus A8V Deluxe (s939)

and I want update its drivers.
    Where can I find the desire file?

A direct link would be too useful !!:D :D

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Using Google go to www.asus.com.
    Select your region
    Select Downloads
    Select you product (Motherboard, 939, A8V Deluxe)

There you will get all the driver downloads available.

The site does not appear to support deep linking so I cannot give you a direct link, you need to do some of the work yourself....

3. bilibom

Yes, I know the official asus site but its not clear.
    When I bought my mobo I was given a cd-rom within, which includes all drivers.
    If I goto that site, it asks me which exackly components do I want to download...
    Isnt any flat file to include them all inside?

PS1. Before I procced to a single component's driver, should I first re-instal the existed one? (How do I do that :confused: )

PS2.The components I want to refresh (as driveragent.com tells me) are:

- IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    VIA Bus Master IDE Controller

- Network adapters
    Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit
    Ethernet Controller

- SCSI and RAID controllers
    VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller

- Universal Serial Bus Controller
    VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller
    [​IMG]

[Maybe its a BIOS update what I need? Or just drivers?]

PS3. Also this site tells me that monitor needs drivers upgrade...Do monitors need drivers refresh too?!

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What problems are you actually experiencing that makes you want to update the drivers?

Third party "advisory" programs are a real source of problems when they advise to upgrade something without any valid reason and often cause tears before bedtime.

If nothing is broken, my advice is not to fix it.

Do not update the BIOS unless you need to fix a problem that you actually have, and for which the motherboard maker has identified and released a fix for. A failed BIOS flash has the possibility of rendering the motherboard useless.

And you are right to question the advice on monitor drivers, they do not actually need drivers.

As the site is giving such poor advice I would avoid it altogether.

5. bilibom

Listen...
    When we update a component's driver, this doesnt mean that must exists a problem which we try to fix it.
    For examble, graphic cards(nvidia or ati) produce very often new drivers and they call us to install them. We dont fix something broken, we update/upgrade.

So...
    I dont experience any problem or want to fix, I just want have all latest drivers in my hardware.This site shows u which of them need newest drivers and i dont understand why u say that is ..."a real source of problem"(!)

My questions r specific:
    - Are these components I mentioned,a matter of BIOS or of mobo's drivers?
    - If I want update my mobo's drivers, isnt any flat file? Because in official Asus site ask u which one u want to install seperately !
    - Before I install a latest driver of a mobo component (if its really a mobo's component), should I first unistal the existed one? How??

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The "real source of a problem" comes from any site referring you to what could turn out to be a generic "update", for a chipset or a video adapter when the implementation of the chipset may differ when used by the specific card maker.

So the "tears" occur when applying a generic "update" when you needed a makers specific update. That often breaks something that was working fine.

As regards the BIOS, my post above was as clear and lucid as I can be. The BIOS is nothing to do with motherboard chipset drivers.

I have no confidence that the drivers identified by "diveragent.com" are in fact required or even an "update" in all cases. Nor would I pay money that they want to find out.

If you have ultimate confidence in what that site tells you, that is your choice, good luck.

I have no idea what you mean by a "flat file", if you find installing them difficult from the mobo makers site I cannot really help. As for uninstalling first, I would only do that for video drivers.

Just do not believe everything that any third party program that wants to sell you something says.

I have just tried it here, it tells me I need 7 new drivers, it's right on only 1.
    And the 1 it's right on is the video driver, however my system runs better on the older driver. I purposely uninstalled the newer one as a matter of choice and reloaded the older one.

And please don't tell me to "Listen:"
    I am capable of both reading and spelling.

7. bilibom

Its unacceptable to believe that all commercial sites(3rd party programs, as u call them) like the one I mentioned, are..."real source of problem". I m afraid that u blame something just because u dont have it.

If u say that BIOS has nothing to do with my point, then I m glad to hear that, because i do not want to do any BIOS update.

Dont waste more time to discuss that site and tell me if u would pay any money for it, or if your drivers r ok, this is not my point (btw I can tell u that all info gave for MY drivers r correct).

When I say "flat file" (maybe i should apologize for my english, but its not my first language) I mean a full file with all mobo's drivers in it. As I said, and repeat it for once more, when I first bought my mobo, I was given a cd-rom with all its drivers inside. So it was easy to install them at once. But what will happen if I go to install them seperately, as the official Asus site suggest me??

I said nothing about video drivers.This is not a mobo's component.(I have installed properly latest drivers from nvidia site and thats why that site tells me i m ok in this)

Sorry that u dont accept the word "listen"...but it was just to explain u things that u didnt understand or had wrong picture of them.
    Anyway I see that u cannot help in my points. I hope I ll have answers from other users here, if they are any.

8. colmaca

colmaca

yes the mobo site could give a CD image for each board but as updates come they change a lot so its easier to just list each driver as it comes, most motherboard companys got a lot models.
    BTW we let some poeple win sometimes:)

9. bilibom

lol, point is not who wins,but solve our problems. Maybe this problem interests u too.
    Suppose u want get latest drivers for all of your mobo's drivers.What do u do?...

10. colmaca

colmaca

I would go to my mobo site and get most then I'd go to onboard sound card company and get lattest there thats about it.
    BTW the let some win was directed at some kiwi's :p

11. bilibom

Ok, seems u havent read my thread, plz read it and u ll see the problem.

I m not interesting in onboard sound(i have disabled it) because I use Audigy 2 ZS which is ok updated, as u can see it in the image.

12. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

They don't call you to install them and a common misconception is that one should install the latest vid card drivers on an older generation card.

Same thing, you don't need the the latest, unless you have the very newest hardware, which is what the latest are optimized for.

The VIA chipset drivers I use are far removed from the the "latest", they are the ones that work properly on my older chipset. VIA even warns folks with certain older chipsets to not get the "latest".

It seems like the program you are using is only looking for the "latest', not necessarily the best fit for your computer.

Kiwiguy's later advice was sound (as always) and based on real world experience. I would tend to pay attention to things he suggests.

As far as your original question:

Seems he answered it.

13. bilibom

:mad: I m really fed up with such type of users...

Well , my friend MysticEyes,
    Not only u dont answer to my matter but u also try give me lessons...
    U have not even read the thread (or u havent understood it)]
    From your msg I see that your technical level is somehow low.
    I dont think so. They do call u to install them(not by phone, ofcourse)
    Never read in a game advices to put on latest video card drivers?

Its a good idea to have updated all of your drivers of your system.This is well known to everyone.
    yes because suppose latest = best. You disagree? Ok then, just tell me which r the best drivers for my computer;)
    Yes ofcourse I appreciate any info and theory, but most important is to receive answer in my spesific question. I bet this is what u d like for yourself too.
    As far as seems u need read the whole thread too:)
    U ll find out what I answered in that and what my spesific matters r. Its not a good idea to read just the last posts in every thread:rolleyes:
    Its horrible to repeat myself all the time because some people dont read(but they teach instead!!..)

14. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

They only attempt to teach when it appears someone would benefit from the lessons. :rolleyes:

It seems you don't like the advice you've received from folks here. You can obviously choose to follow it or not. It's pointless to get upset about the advice you receive, just ignore it if you feel that's your best course of action.

15. bilibom

I have received no advices.
    Its normal to feel upset when i have to repeat myself all the time or when "folks" dont understand what I m talking about.
    Advices have sense only if they're on point.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice