Mobsync

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Delta Dart

Need help getting rid of "mobsync.exe" on boot up.
I have removed it in both startup/system config utility, and in registery HKLM\software\ms\windows current ver\run but it returns on the next boot. I have even deleted it from Winnt/system32 folder but it is reinstalled when I reboot. I have two machines with win 2K but it only shows up on one. Dont know how it became active on only one.
Appreciate any advice
Thanks Russ

Hi,
This is the web content and offline file synchronizer. Try this:
Go to Start => Programs => Accessories => Synchronize and disable (uncheck) everything in there.

Delta Dart

Thanks for your reply Clay. Tried this but no help. Open to other suggestions. Russ

Hi Russ,

Just in case I didn't say it well, in the Synchronize window, you have to click on the Setup button and uncheck everything there.
In Explorer, Tools => Folder Options => Offline files, uncheck everything there.
And in Internet Explorer, Tools => Internet Options => Advanced, uncheck the box 'Enable offline items to be synchronized on a schedule'.
Regarding deleting the file mobsync.exe, is it also present in C:\WINNT\System32\dllcache? If so, and you're sure you want rid of it, I would move it out of there first, rather than delete it. You would then delete it out of the System32 folder.

Regards

Delta Dart

Thanks Clay
You second input worked great. My problem is solved.
Many thanks again for your help.
Russ

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online