1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

modem after format

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by milosh, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. milosh

milosh Thread Starter

I've formated my laptop lately and installed winows xp on it. but I realised later that I've lost the cd that contains drivers installation software.
    So now I have both the modem and the sound device not installed in my laptop.
    What should I do to make them work? I have no idea what is the name of my modem. I tried searching the internet for a software to download, but I couldn't find a thing.
    All I know is that my laptop's model name is:HP Compaq NX9110

Please... Any help??
    Tnx

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Hello please check out this page

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...esId=395747&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1098

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Your drivers are available on the link above. Download whatever drivers you need [using the system you are posting on now] Burn them to cdr and install on your lappy.

4. milosh

milosh Thread Starter

Thanks guys.. indeed, you were great

But I'm wondering:
    First of all, were did get that website from? I really tried to find one but all I got was: openDrivers.com

second of all, I didn't thought it was actually possible to download files using ftp service with a dial up connection.. I was never able to do it before

Thanks again

5. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I just put the name of your laptop and added drivers in here www.ask.co.uk and looked for a suitable site http://uk.ask.com/web?o=0&dm=all&qsrc=19&l=dir&q=HP+Compaq+nx9110+drivers
    glad it helped you

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I input your model of laptop into hp's site and got the same page.

7. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I use www.ask.co.uk for everything lol its just habit :D

8. milosh

milosh Thread Starter

Sounds interesting! I'll use it always from now on!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice