1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem Better than Voyager 105?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bbcobmike, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbcobmike

bbcobmike Thread Starter

Hi,

I am at the extremes of our old BT rural network and hence the signal to noise ratio for my broadband is variable and often poor resulting in frequent drop outs and reconnections on AOL.

BT have been quite good at trying to find me a better pair of wires and the performance is better, however the technicians who try and sort out their network are poorly equipped in terms of training and equipment for measuring broadband signal strength along their lines.

It occured to me that perhaps there is a modem that will operate in poor signal to noise ratios better than the Voyager 105 but todate I have been unable to find any UK site showing modem performance info.

Does anyone have any advice or comment please?

Thanks

Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice