1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

modem connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gadfly, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gadfly

gadfly Thread Starter

I've just purchased a new modem to use with my Linux RedHat. It's a USRobotics V9.2 external. It didn't come with cables for connection - but I noticed that the back of the modem is a 25 pin female - and I don't have any 25 pin serial buses on my computer (this may be a really dumb question - but I don't know anythings about this stuff.)

All I see is a couple 9 pin 'male' serial ports on the back of my computer. Can I get an adapter that will let me use this modem?

Help and advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gadfly

2. dai

dai

you should be able to pick up a cable that has both connection plugs on it from any computer store

3. Moonshine17c

Moonshine17c

The 25 Pin port is a port for a printer I am sure, or it uses similar cable, the HUBs I work with have this 25 pin port on the back used for a printer. You can get a cable which is 25 pin on one end and 9 pin on the other.

4. dai

dai

the at's used to have a 25 pin connection when the atx's came in modem cords stated coming with both connectors 9 and 25 attached

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice