1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem dials automatically to ISP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nothingface, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nothingface

Nothingface Thread Starter

Hi. I just installed the juno isp for my friend on xp pro, and i noticed that when i boot up the pc, it attempts to dial to connect by itself. It's a program that does it..it automatically opens..on the taskbar button it says 'connecting' and it has like a purple lookin icon kinda like a megaphone or something. It's really annoying..we cancel it, then it pops up again. help!

2. RandyG

RandyG

What programs are being run at Startup? Some of them may be set to dial in to check something.

Take a look at this thread , modem auto dialing, which may give you ideas on what is the culprit.

If it is not ZoneAlarm, then post the Startup log that I refer to in the other thread.

3. yul

yul

go to start->?settings->control panel->inyternet options-> connection tab and select "never dial a connection"

4. Nothingface

Nothingface Thread Starter

'never dial a connection' is already selected

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice