1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem Difficulty

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Willmar, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willmar

Willmar Thread Starter

Hi I have a HP 6726 Pavilion PC which until recently operated on ME, with the frustration getting the better of me, I have installed a Windows 2000 OS, and XP Office. I have difficulty getting the printer and modem working.

The printer is a Deskjet 840C & the modem is a Conexant, (manufacturer Aztech). I have gone through the Internet Wizard but once it advises me it's going to dial a number, I can't hear anything. Then it advises me "error can't detect modem". Maybe I have the wrong drivers ?

I would appreciate a little advise on this matter.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Willmar, welcome to TSG.

Is the printer USB?

Have you checked for new drivers for the modem? It may not be 2K compliant......

http://www.aztech.com/

3. doss

doss

i am having a simular problem i have......

installed win2000 along next to my winme and everything worked fine...i had to update my modem drivers but that wasnt a big deal...then when it came time to reformat i just put ntfs and didnt install ME at all...i love 2000 and want to keep it...but my modem is now acting really weird...i have the same driver installed as was working before(acttaly i have tried every driver on the net and the one on HP's website for 2000 and they do the same thing) the modem dials fine...but it just sits that and finally says that hte server didnt respond...i know it does cause i have picked up the phone and i can hear it...what is doing on...i am really frustated...i always fix these things myself :(

thanx alot,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice