1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem Dilemma, Help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WEESACS72, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WEESACS72

WEESACS72 Thread Starter

WHEN I DAILED UP MY MODEM WOULD CONNECT BUT INTERNET EXPLORER COULD NOT CONNECT TO A SERVER. I REINSTALLED W98 AND IT WORKED AGAIN FOR ABOUT A WEEK. IT THEN WOULD NOT LET ME REINSTALL OR UNINSTALL W98 SO I REFORMATTED IT. AFTER I DID THIS THE MODEM DIDNT WORK AT ALL, BUT W98 NEW IT WAS THERE AND HAD INSTALLED THE DRIVERS FOR IT, BUT IT COULD NOT DETECT A DIAL TONE. I PRESUMED THE MODEM WAS FAULTY AND HAVE FITTED A NEW ONE , WHICH W98 DETECTED BUT WOULD NOT LET ME INSTALL THE DRIVERS . I TRIED AGAIN THE NEXT DAY TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS BUT IT THEN TOLD ME THEY WERENT THE PROPER DRIVERS. IM SORRY IF MY EXPLAINATION IS UNCLEAR, IF YOU NEED ANY OTHER INFO JUST ASK. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    THANKS.

2. supertech

supertech

are you trying to add the modem via add new hardware from the list of modems ......or do you have a disc that was supplied from the modem manufacturer

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi WEESACS72, welcome to TSG.

If you'd drop to lower case letters, your posts will be easier to read :)

What kind of modem did you buy? Brand and Model #.

4. WEESACS72

WEESACS72 Thread Starter

I have tried to install via add/ rmove hardware with the disc supplied by the manufacturer.
    old modem was Soft k56 conexant fax modem (motorolla)
    new modem is US Robotics 56k voice internal PCI (includes V90)

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Post a list of your IRQs for me.

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and press ok...go to hardware, IRQs, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice