1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem disconnects immediately on connecting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dlandvw2, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlandvw2

dlandvw2 Thread Starter

I'm hoping to get help with this from someone...I'm working on a computer problem for someone who can't access anything online. I'm working with Windows 98, trying to connect to any isp, aol, netzero, etc. They uninstalled Mcafee Virus Scan Home edition, and then installed Norton Anti-Virus, and from that point cannot connect to any online service. I have completely uninstalled, reinstalled dialup networking, as well as tcp/ip protocols, dialup adapter, client for workgroups etc, and nothing fixes the problem. Any attempt to dial up either Netzero, or AOL the modem will dial out, attempt to connect, and upon connecting to any service, the dial up networking icon appears for less than a second, disconnects the modem, and will not allow it to stay connected. I thought it may be the USR 56k win int modem, but I just installed a zoom v92 pci modem and again, as soon I I attempt to run netzero or aol, it attempts to connect, the dialup networking icon flashes for a second, disconnects the modem and it will not stay connected. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do apart from reinstalling windows 98, please email me or post here. thanks in advance

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/288897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice