1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem Driver Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sizemorerj, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sizemorerj

sizemorerj Thread Starter

I recently purchased a used Gateway E4100 computer with Windows XP from a local school system at a great price. I didn't realize when I bought it that it didn't have a modem for my dial-up internet needs. I visited my local computer store where they gave me a used one for cheap, but now I am having problems locating the modem drivers for it. It has been a real headache searching for the drivers on-line when 95% of the driver download sites require that you have internet on the computer you are getting the drivers for so that their program can scan your computer for the correct updates. I would love to do this, but since I am downloading the drivers so I can access the internet in the first place it's pretty pointless. I have installed the modem, but the device status is a "Code 10," simply the device cannot start. I get all sorts of numbers as far as the modem (model) goes. Under properties it says it is a HSP56 MR manufactured by eMachine. The number off the modem itself says it is a Dell intel 56K Data Fax Modem X2749 537epg. I need a driver that I can download onto a USB stick so that I can insert it into my computer and load it so that my modem will finally work. Please help! I am at my whits end in trying to fix this on my own.

2. fel1x

fel1x

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977707

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice