Modem Driver update?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Hi All,

Recently I was talking to my ISP, Earthlink, about my connection speed. I know that the diistance one lives from the phone company, the lines inside the house, ect all contribuite to low speed (and yes I do live way out in the boonies, and I do not think the phone lines in this house are that great), however, I was checking to see if there was anything that I, or they, could do to help get a faster connection. ( Right now, my speed averages about 24 kbps.) The tech suggested I update my modem driver, since my modem was is about 2 years old and I've never updated it.

I've spent most of the morning searching for the proper driver for my modem, and I am finding it difficult to be sure of which one is the correct driver.

My modem is: CNXT V 9x PCI Modem

Will updating the driver for this really help anything?

If it would help to update the driver, could someone please show me the correct driver to use?

Thank you !

I don't see updating the modem drivers speeding up connection, they tend to be more for conflicts with other device drivers. More than likely its a software problem with applications installed on your pc trying to access the web when you logon choking your system and slowing down your connection. Try posting in the network forum those guys might be able to tell you how improve your internet speed by closing start up programs etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online