1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem drivers???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Trentham, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trentham

Trentham Thread Starter

I am increasingly having problems with getting *complete* modem driver software.

On a number of occasions I have been rebuilding machines which have a working modem and there is no driver CD available. Although I search and download drivers which claim to be adequate for the modem, they tend to be unable to cope with the PCI communications device that the modem uses, i.e. the comms port.

Can some knowledge-enabled body enlighten me as to the processes which are involved; is there some way round this comms installation problem?

Also, given that the modem works on the old system, is there some way of getting together all the drivers and other stuff from that system so that it can be reinstalled on the new system?

2. stod73

stod73

What operating system?

3. Trentham

Trentham Thread Starter

Always Windows of some version (unix is just so easy in this respect!) and more often than not it's Win 98 SE.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice