Modem Error Message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fairbairn

OS is WIN 98. I am having a problem with my modem. When I try to connect to the internet, sometimes it gives me an error message to the effect of..."Modem not installed or it is not configured for Dial-up Networking." and sometimes it connects to the internet on the first try with no problems. What can I do....

Sincerely,
Puzzled :confused: :confused: :confused:

Fairbairn

I think the problem is with Rnaapp, the dial-up networking app. Sometimes it starts with Windows and sometimes it doesn't. If it is running, Windows can't communicate with my modem to initiate a dial-up connection. Is there someahere I can update Rnaapp? Maybe that's what I need to do???

Thanks for the help.

I know of no update for Windows 98. Did you try the tips in the link that Steve gave you? To reinitialize Rnaapp you can uninstall it and then reinstall it. Make sure you have all your ISP setting and telephone number handy to re-input them. To do it you use Add/Remove Applications, and Windows Setup.

ajb1,

Nice job. I was thinking there was no update for Windows 98 SE, but you found one for 98 and 98 SE that's great.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online