1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem Error on LAN?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by atlaskid, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atlaskid

atlaskid Thread Starter

Hey

Im connecting to the internet via router, which also sets my home network. Sometimes i wil get an error message in FF when trying to view a page, reading:

"error 797 a connection to the remote computer could not be established because the modem was not found or was busy"

I click cancel, and i will appear again in a popup a few times but the page loads fine. I googled it and it seems to be connected to a modem error, but im using a router, no modem or dialup. Its reaally annoying having it appear like that, ive no idea whats going on.

Any ideas? A diapup connection was once installed on this machine but tis disabled now :S

Thanks!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice