1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem/internet connected/can't browse internet (not secure)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by zelgodist1994, Aug 4, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. zelgodist1994

zelgodist1994 Thread Starter

First time here ,

I'll be honest,I didn't pay for my spectrum bill so my services came to a halt(but not the internet) internet remained up so I didn't continue to pay for it. No issues for the last couple of months. Woke up today , try to browse Google and gave me,'connection not private' blue lights are blinking normally on my router/modem . Laptop internet says connected. It also affected all of my devices and says "sign in required " on my phone but doesn't load page. Need help :(

2. valis

valis Moderator

Pay the bill. That is about it. They provude a service, like water or electricity. They dont provide it for free.

3. zelgodist1994

zelgodist1994 Thread Starter

Don't need a moral/political response. I came here to get additional advice relating to the issue.

4. valis

valis Moderator

It is not a moral or political response. They provide internet, correct? Contact them, and ask why the service they provide is not working.

My apologies if I came off as the moral police, that was not intended. Bottom line is you will need to contact the providers. We, as a third party, obviously cannot assist.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Not needed and not advisable to chime in, Morten. There is a moderator already on the case, and there really is no reason for you to get your wrist slapped (or an infraction/Warning) for being inflammatory.

6. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    I deleted my response. However, I don't think my reply was inflammatory. It was meant as a slap on the wrist of OP.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    We're good, Morten. I wasn't concerned about your intent; but know that recipients don't always take our advice the way it is meant. Anyhow, let's drop it--no harm no foul. :)

valis likes this.
  8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If you are behind in your bill, your ISP might be redirecting you to an internal site that is to collect payment, at least the one I worked at did. Some may just reconfigure your modem to not go anywhere, but the modem will still show you all the correct lights. Unfortunatley you will need to contact your ISP to pay.

On a side note, if you do not pay, then they will disconnect you and can send you to collections, which you do not want because it will affect you getting services reconnected later on. Don't leave it until it's too late.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice