Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modem/internet connected/can't browse internet (not secure)

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
First time here ,

I'll be honest,I didn't pay for my spectrum bill so my services came to a halt(but not the internet) internet remained up so I didn't continue to pay for it. No issues for the last couple of months. Woke up today , try to browse Google and gave me,'connection not private' blue lights are blinking normally on my router/modem . Laptop internet says connected. It also affected all of my devices and says "sign in required " on my phone but doesn't load page. Need help :(

#2 ·
Pay the bill. That is about it. They provude a service, like water or electricity. They dont provide it for free.

#4 ·
It is not a moral or political response. They provide internet, correct? Contact them, and ask why the service they provide is not working.

My apologies if I came off as the moral police, that was not intended. Bottom line is you will need to contact the providers. We, as a third party, obviously cannot assist.

#8 ·
If you are behind in your bill, your ISP might be redirecting you to an internal site that is to collect payment, at least the one I worked at did. Some may just reconfigure your modem to not go anywhere, but the modem will still show you all the correct lights. Unfortunatley you will need to contact your ISP to pay.

On a side note, if you do not pay, then they will disconnect you and can send you to collections, which you do not want because it will affect you getting services reconnected later on. Don't leave it until it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.