1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem keeps on dialing.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by smuralidhar, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smuralidhar

smuralidhar Thread Starter

My problem is, my modem is dialing some number so that my Broadband connection will be terminated with in 1 (or) 2 minutes.
    My computer keep of dialing, even when I am working in MS Office programs such as MS words, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, why is this happening.
    Until this problem is solved I can not view any web page, so then, how can I download a file (or) check my mail.
    Number which my modem is dialing is like this (00236716226111111111111111111111) I have never entered this number in my modem settings.

All my broadband setting are correct.
    Windows 98 second edition.
    IE version : 6
    Broadband : 256 kbps.

2. chatterjee

chatterjee

Probably you're affected by some type of Virus or Spyware which starts itself automatically at start up and sends request to the Os to dial the no.s

Please scan your system with updated Virus scanner(Norton,Avast etc.) and with updated Spyware removal s/w(Adaware Se,Syware doctor etc).

3. smuralidhar

smuralidhar Thread Starter

I have scaned my computer two times i did not found any virus, even when i am not working in broadband connection, still my modem will keep on dialing some unknown number.
    evne when i working in MS office, such as words, excel, powerpoint, even then my modem will be keep on dialing, why is this.

4. chatterjee

chatterjee

Goto- start>run> type msconfig
    In the start up tab see if there is something suapicious one.I would suggest you to uncheck everything but Virus scanner and firewall there.

Btw,is the ISP BSNL?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice