Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modem made unusual click, then didn't work

649 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  yahoos 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 56k LtWinModem on WIN98SE.

It has been working fine. Yesterday when I went to connect to the internet, the modem made a clicking sound that it doesn't normally make. I was unable to connect and recieved first a 650 error, then a 629 error.

I called my ISP provider and they had me rename telephon.ini and run tapiini.exe

Then I restarted but I was still unable to connect. So, I removed the modem, and after restart, modem was found, and I was able to connect.

Well, today going to sign on, I had the same problem. Error 650 Error 629.

I again did what my isp had told me, restarted, and no go. I removed the modem, no go. I again ran tapiini.exe, removed the modem and I am back on.

Since this is going to happen again, I thought I would ask here for any suggestions.

(Probably a coincidence but I ordered DSL but do not have the equipment yet. However, Verizon called twice to tell me they have added the service. (They are sending 2 modems also, having messed up the order of course.) This problem didn't start after the first call, and I don't think it started directly after yesterday's call, but I thought I would mention it.))

Thanks

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.