1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem not detected by WinXp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gary335, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary335

Gary335 Thread Starter

I have a PC which has a PC-Chips M755-LMR Motherboard with a CNR modem. for some reason Windows does not detect the modem. I checked in BIOS to make sure it was turned on in there and there is no such setting. I then took out the CNR modem and tried a PCI modem, which XP also did not pick up. Does anybody have any idea why Windows wouldn't pick up either of these modems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

You might try downloading and installing drivers for that modem. http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_modem.html
    Look at the model number of the modem and choose the correct drivers for XP. If it's not listed here (I only had the CNR to go by) then try a search with the model number and you may also be able to get away with Windows 2000 drivers.

3. Desumacchi

Desumacchi

I have a similar modem and have the driver files on disk - but i think im losing the plot on this... Im trying to set this modem up so i can fax from my pc...

Device manager shows its not installed... And as the OP has said XP isnt picking it up as a plug and play.... (which i understand isnt unusual for CNR ported stuff)

anyways...

Im struggling to install these drivers / not sure how to.

I have :
    7 SY_files
    1 setup information file
    1 EX_file
    1 Video CD movie file (???? seems odd to me - but thats what it says)
    1 application extension file (a .dll dile)
    1 application file (uninstall application)

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice