1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem opinions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rushx85, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rushx85

rushx85 Thread Starter

I brought my brothers computer into my room and hooked it up on my phone line and i connected at 50.6 bps, my comp only connects at 49.333 max and thats only if i am lucky. We have the same system for the most part. The only real difference is we have different mother boards, i have a athlon 2200+ and he has a 2000+, different video cards also. The main difference is he has an internal zoom modem and i have an external usb zoom modem. He runs XP but i used to run it and i never connected as fast as his comp does on my phone line. I am wondering if his internal modem is whats giving him the faster connection speed or if it is something else. We're both running the latest drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice