Modem Problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SGtheArtist

I have a modem problem. I'm running WinMe I just recently upgraded from Win98 original and didn't have this problem. The situation is that when ever I receive a long distance phone call & my computer is on, the modem tries to communicate or connect for some reason. This only happens for inbound calls if I make a call it doesn't happen. I searched for WinMe drivers but they don't seem to have solved the problem. Also I bought Jane's USAF simulator and I think that that maybe involved. My modem and driver info is:

56K V.90 ITU Fax Modem w/Voice Mail
(Rochwell Chipset)

5614Jx3(G) Internal
(Driver)

Thanks.

Hey, sorry I'm no expert...but I'll try to help...
First, are you online when this happens?

SGtheArtist

No, i only have one phone line and am not on the internet when i receive a call and this happens.

You have an 'auto answer' set for your modem. I'm at work and can't check the control panel for the exact settings, but the modem has a setting for auto-answer meaning it will try to answer the phone call. You want it set to off. The is an AT command for this that can be added to the init string for the modem if no other option.
See if this helps any and I can check later for ways to set this. Keep us updated.

SG............go into your modem properties and type this in the extra settings box.
ATSO=0 to get to the setting box.
cntrl panel/modems/ modems tab,highlight your modem click properties,advanced tab.
let us know if this works or not.
good luck.;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online