1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem Problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SGtheArtist, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SGtheArtist

SGtheArtist Thread Starter

I have a modem problem. I'm running WinMe I just recently upgraded from Win98 original and didn't have this problem. The situation is that when ever I receive a long distance phone call & my computer is on, the modem tries to communicate or connect for some reason. This only happens for inbound calls if I make a call it doesn't happen. I searched for WinMe drivers but they don't seem to have solved the problem. Also I bought Jane's USAF simulator and I think that that maybe involved. My modem and driver info is:

56K V.90 ITU Fax Modem w/Voice Mail
    (Rochwell Chipset)

5614Jx3(G) Internal
    (Driver)

Thanks.

2. yomaddog

yomaddog

Hey, sorry I'm no expert...but I'll try to help...
    First, are you online when this happens?

3. SGtheArtist

SGtheArtist Thread Starter

No, i only have one phone line and am not on the internet when i receive a call and this happens.

4. PatInAz

PatInAz

You have an 'auto answer' set for your modem. I'm at work and can't check the control panel for the exact settings, but the modem has a setting for auto-answer meaning it will try to answer the phone call. You want it set to off. The is an AT command for this that can be added to the init string for the modem if no other option.
    See if this helps any and I can check later for ways to set this. Keep us updated.

5. $teve

$teve

SG............go into your modem properties and type this in the extra settings box.
    ATSO=0 to get to the setting box.
    cntrl panel/modems/ modems tab,highlight your modem click properties,advanced tab.
    let us know if this works or not.
    good luck.;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice