modem problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

woobear

This is another modem problem. This system won't dial up on the modem at all, the the phone line is fine. The system worked just the other day and now won't dial up.

'Won't dial up" - do you mean that it doesn't even start to dial? Do you receive an error stating that the port is already open or there's no dial tone or something else?

just a little more info would help to assess the problem better woobear:rolleyes:

I have had the same problem from time to time after I have used my fax program(winfax pro).I have found that in these instances,the only way I can get around it is to restart my pc.This works for me but I'm sure others on the forum will have other suggestions

I see you posted another question about faxing. Is this the same computer? You are able to fax ok, but not use dial-up?
Have you rebooted? Sounds like something is not letting go of the modem.

woobear

Two diffierent systems. One I cannot fax long distance, the other has an error with the modem saying the port is open.

I suppose there's always the possibility that the modem is bad, the line is plugged into the wrong port, or that the slot is bad, or it's setup on the wrong com port.

For now, how about you post a list of your IRQs - maybe there's a conflict. Start>Run, 'msconfig', expand Hardware, and IRQs - copy and paste here.

You could also try moving the modem to another slot.

What is the brand/model of the modem?

C

crabman

TRY RMOVING THE MODEM FROM DEVICE MANAGER AND CLICK REFRESH OR.....TRY REMOVING THE COM PORTS FROM THE DEVICE MANAGER IF THE OTHER DONT WORK:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online