1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem problems now!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gazza, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazza

gazza Thread Starter

Hi to all,

I recently created a dual boot system on my computer, C:\ is Windows XP Home (with SR1 installed) and D:\ is Windows 98SE.
    My modem works OK under Windows XP Home, but i am having no end of problems finding a Windows 98SE modem driver.

Can anyone help me please to find the correct modem driver for my modem operating under Windows 98SE?
    The information about it is below:

The computer company who made my machine says that it is an Askey 56K Softmodem V1456.
    In my Device Manager it has it listed as an PCTel HSP56 Micromodem 9.00-9K.

The code on the chip on the modem is PCT789T-C1.

I have 2 stickers on the modem itself with the numbers: 4221P000031 & 11220104381.

There are two sets of numbers on the actual modem board: 3000-P07771 & 80-200V23W-1.

I also have found what i think is the ID for the board:
    PCI\VEN_134&DEV_7892&SUBSYS_0001134D&REV_02

I have the modem working under Windows XP Home, but i did not get a CD with the modem drivers on it when i bought the computer.
    I have tried the Askey site with no result, and i have tried their Wnmdmid program.
    And all i can find is the information about PCTel HSP56 etc.

Can anyone help me please.
    Thanks in advance

2. Hairy

Hairy

3. gazza

gazza Thread Starter

Hi Hairy,

Thank you for the offer of help, but Askey came through with two links for both the XP and 98SE modem drivers.
    And i have found out that they are two totally seperate drivers, so the XP one would not work with the 98SE system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice