Modem/Router for Fiber Optics internet

JudyPineapples

Hi All,

I have a fiber optic connection with Frontier but unfortunately the provided router is not strong enough to submit signal throughout My house so now I’m in the market for a new setup.

Question 1 do I need a router or do I need a modem as well? Tech support told me I could just buy a new router and there is no need for a modem.

Question 2: is there any fiber optic modem/router combo products? Everything I see online is for cable only.

thanks in advance for your help!

Couriant

James
If the ISP provided a separate router, then you should be able to replace just the router.

Who is your provider?

cwwozniak

Chuck
If Frontier provided a combination Optical Network Terminal (fiber equivalent to a cable modem) and WiFi Router -and- the device also has Ethernet LAN ports, you could add your own WiFi router to act as a second WiFi access point.

JudyPineapples

If Frontier provided a combination Optical Network Terminal (fiber equivalent to a cable modem) and WiFi Router -and- the device also has Ethernet LAN ports, you could add your own WiFi router to act as a second WiFi access point.
They have just provided a ONT Router

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online