1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

modem speed

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by stoneybroke, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stoneybroke

stoneybroke Thread Starter

I Have a 56k Modem which for some time now has only been working at a speed of 26400bps, I have even set it on the nearest compatible speed of 57600 within control panel but it has not made any difference, how can i get it working to near enough 56k.

2. beach51

beach51

Hi stoneybroke,i have mind set at the maximum speed which is 115200.Try that and see if it helps.

3. stoneybroke

stoneybroke Thread Starter

Hello beach51,

thanx for your message, i tried it but that did not make any difference at all, any other ideas? thanx again.

4. beach51

beach51

5. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

6. beach51

beach51

Thanks anglin_fool,:D

7. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

No prob,

Hey, does that site check the modem? I've heard of one that does. It's kind of like checking the wiring to the modem to see if problem isn't too much noise in the line.

8. beach51

beach51

I dont think they do,but if you want to check your computer's overall proformance,pcpitstop is a good site.It will test everything on your system and let you know if you have some problem areas.It also checks your modem.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!