Modem to Router help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cement

I have a modem and router combo from my isp. It only supports 2.4 ghz. If i buy a router which supports 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz will i be able to get 5.0 ghz?

Cement

Yes if you buy a router which has both 2.4 and 5 Ghz you will get both.
Also can i use both the router i am going to buy and the one given to me by my isp as wifi accesses and to connect lan cables?

You would need to have different SSID's for each router. Actually 3 SSID's . One for the modem router's 2.4 One for the new router's 2.4 and one for the new router's 5 Ghz.

TerryNet

Terry
And, of course, you want your multiple wireless networks to be using non-interfering channels.

Couriant

James
And to add to this, you want to make sure you devices are capable of 5GHz.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts