Modem to slow?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rstanley

I have a 56k modem and, but I am only connected at 45.333bps. Is there a way I could speed it up, fot it used to go faster, much faster. Also anyone know why I have to refresh all the time in order to go to links.

thanks!!!!!:)

If your getting that speed it is not bad im only getting 48,000 dont know how to get much more out of a dial up connection maybe someone else can help

Well, it all depends on the quality of your phone lines. In a town near the big city I live in, the maximum you can connect at is 28000. Who is your ISP?

-Mark

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online