Modem volume

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

midge1976

Hello,

Ive no idea if this is possible, but my modem when dialing up seems very loud, is there any way to switch the volume down or even off, i have looked in the modem properties and have turned off anything that is related to speaker volumes and microphone and speaker gain, but with no difference, any ideas, or maybe it cant be done?

Thanks

Go to Control Panel - Internet Properties, choose the Connections Tab, click on Settings.
In next dialog box, lower half gives Dial up Settings, click on Properties.
In Properties dialog box General Tab under section Connect Using.. click on Configure.
This will bring you to a volume slider bar from Off to High.

There ya go!

Forgot that one. But remember, that will either turn it on or off. The wave balance will allow you to adjust it. I dont know about ya'll, but I hate sitting in total silence not noing if it decided to dial and having to wait for the message that says "dialing attempt 2".

Sorry Bugs, but....

Quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack.....

midge1976

Thanks guys, that worked. I was near to figuring it out myself though! Just needed a shove in the right direction.

YOUR WELCOME. YOU WILL HAVE TO TALK LOUDER IF YOU EXPECT TO BE HEARD OVER ALL THAT IRRITATING QUACKING.

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Oh, Doyce...
For Heaven's sake...

Just go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Birds.
Select Ducks from the list, click the Beaks button, and adjust the Quack volume from there.</font>

Okay okay and alright already!!!

With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner I'm keeping my beady little eye open for you duck-hunters!

The duck is silent - but by no means dead!

Long live the duck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online