Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modem with 2 ip numbers

689 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ETech7 
#1 ·
I've had this dsl modem for a couple years now and have always to my knowledge been able to use it via only one ip number.i've been streaming video using webcamxp and other software/.today my modem began acting stupid by disconnecting once an hour and if I shut off pc of at all,i wind up having to manually reset the modem by unplugging it for a few seconds and then back in again.i eventually noticed that while the webcam is streaming video ,my lan connection on the pc shows the ip number i'm familiar with while my dsl modem shows one that's new(so to speak)..so I entered both ip numbers in to the webcamxp and found that the modem streams using either ip number..if I go to the what's my ipnumber site,it will display whichever number I have entered in to the webcamxp software//.is it normal for a modem to use 2 numbers as I don't believe this has occurred in my case before.i'm wondering if it has to do with the modem suddenly disconnecting now and then and too,having to reset it everytime I boot.i have att dsl ,no live landline just dead phone cord from the modem to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.