1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem won't shut up!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sgl1, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

My modem connect sounds are coming thru my speakers on a win2000 pro system even though I have unchecked all the modem sound boxes I can find! Any clue?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Its usually a sign of an incorrect driver, but you say its coming from your speakers, and not from the sounder on the Modem itself?

You havent by accident plugged the speakers into the socket on the modem have you?
    (And yes, its the same sized plug as the Audio out from the Sound Card)

3. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

That's what's trippin' me out the plug is in the sound card like it always was and the drivers are the same I always ran they're str8 off the install disk this is the first time this has ever happened and I've been thru alot of crap with the 3 computer's I've had but never this!!! The sound always came thru the modem speaker, NOT the speakers! And now it is, weird.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice