1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rat_Attack, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rat_Attack

Rat_Attack Thread Starter

Why oh why does windows insist on installing a standard modem as well as the US Robotics Fax modem? I don't have a standard modem, I have a US Robotics Fax modem, but every time I delete the standard one next time I start computer it installs it again....help please..

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Try deleting them both & rebooting. It should only find (detect)the US Robotics that way.

Savvy :)

3. $teve

$teve

and ithought it was just on my system:p
    i have exactly the same.....usr and standard in my properties,and it always gets re-installed when i un-install it.............i just leave it as it is,as long as your default modem is the usr thats the one that gets used........after all,it cant use something that aint there;)
    ive had no problems at all with it like this,but i must admit at 1st it got me puzzled,and if you set the invisible modem as default,it still uses the usr:confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice