1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Modem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by QBA, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. QBA

QBA Thread Starter

HI
    I'm runing Windows XP and my computer can't find my modem :( , I'm connected to the internet trought Cable but I want to use the modem to send fax using Winfax Pro and since I'm using Outlook to keep my phone numbers, I want to be able to dial those numbers to my phone attach to my moden with a click of a mouse :)
    My modem is not a winmoden is a US Robotics 56k SportsTer internal modem, I have try unistalling the drivers, installing drivers from Windows ect and nothing seem to work :(

What can I do to make my modem to work?

thanks

Alex

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

if its plug & play all you need to do is delete them , restart & let windows find them & install them

3. Rikku

Rikku

Is your modem ISA or PCI?

4. QBA

QBA Thread Starter

Rikku my modem is plug on the long brown platic slide on almost on the last port of my system is that ISA or PCI?

5. QBA

QBA Thread Starter

Hi

I think that I give up, I tested it with and with out the drivers, with and without Winfax, I change the slot and restart too.

So I'm going to buy a new modem more compatible with XP, but I need something that fit on my Intel Mother board but at the same time be compatible with my future system pentium 4 that will have one of the latest assus mother board.

Any ideas of what internal modem should I go for?

thanks

Alex

6. Rikku

Rikku

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice