Moderator Correctness(Similiar To Political Correctness)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Deke40

I think when a person gives what they think is a valid opinion on a subject they shouldn't be threatened and told to butt out as was done in this closed thread.

Even if Brendan is a youngster I think he should get the same respect that would be given to any of the older more vocal members that probably get away with worse and never hear about it.

Attachments

ekim68

Mike
Deke40 said:
I think when a person gives what they think is a valid opinion on a subject they shouldn't be threatened and told to butt out as was done in this closed thread.

Even if Brendan is a youngster I think he should get the same respect that would be given to any of the older more vocal members that probably get away with worse and never hear about it.
(y)

Following this.....

useeman

Banned
See? I told you guys the people here are mean to teenagers like me... (n) ...what a shame for such a acclaimed community (n) (n) (n) :(

useeman> Think before you try to stir up trouble :rolleyes: No one is singleing out teenagers here.

Back on topic: JohnWill did snap at brendandonhu. There was no need for that tone.

Personaly, I just think john was tired. Its after one of the most stressful holidays of the year, everyone is drained and tension levels are high. Hell, my boss and I got into quite the argument the other day about something so incredibly stupid. After all the yelling we ended up shaking hands and laughing about it. I think thats what should happen here - well, exept the handshake part cuse it´s kinda hard to shake over the net but you get what I mean

useeman

Banned
yeah well how about the way hex was treated? sure he may have been a bit rebelious but he too was a teen and was still trying to find his spot in life, you guys were quite mean to him and should've been much more patient :( (n)

Thats it, usseman, you have been reported. There is no need to post the same thing in two threads at the same time about someting irrelivent.

useeman

Banned
why so quick to jump the gun? trying to cover up things you don't want to admit happened but did indeed happen? why not just face the truth, admit it happened and try to work out a solution so these kinds of situations don't happen anymore? and how is talking about hex irrelivent? he is a teenager and was abused by fellow members here....

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Brendan has been warned repeatedly about assisting with piracy issues. Deke, I think rather than post a thread like this, you should really do more research as to why and how this problem has progressed to the point of the thread that you mentioned.

Instead of reporting some threads, he chooses to 'help the poster along' a bit, then he reports it. I've asked TechGuy to have a talk with him a few days ago, however, he's been quite busy.

As for the re-incarnated trouble maker, I will list his previously banned names:

calcolatore
drms
ifb
iqdelivery
vbulletin
useeman (soon to be banned)

I saw that before your post candy i love how useeman refers to a nick or a user that was banned long ago, yet he knows about it like it was yesterday

AcaCandy said:
Brendan has been warned repeatedly about assisting with piracy issues. Deke, I think rather than post a thread like this, you should really do more research as to why and how this problem has progressed to the point of the thread that you mentioned.
If you even read the thread, I did not offer any assistance. I simply posted that in my opinion, there was no piracy issue.

As for techguy.org specifically being cruel or antagonistic towards teenagers speak to either me or TeenGeekGrrl. I think we'll put you right with the situation. In that there isn't one. This is the most friendly and supportive community I've found on the net. They single no one out, and I'm proud to be a part of that community

Deke40

AcaCandy said:

Instead of reporting some threads, he chooses to 'help the poster along' a bit, then he reports it. I've asked TechGuy to have a talk with him a few days ago, however, he's been quite busy.

As for the re-incarnated trouble maker, I will list his previously banned names:

calcolatore
drms
ifb
iqdelivery
vbulletin
useeman (soon to be banned)
Sorry about causing any problems. I just thought JohnWill came down on him pretty hard for what I saw in the thread mentioned.

I guess I don't spend much time in the help forums anymore and I knew Brendan had problems in the past. I totally respect anything you put on me as you have been the guiding light around here for a long time.

Deke slinks away to the dunce corner. Where is that pointy hat.:D

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
brendandonhu said:
If you even read the thread, I did not offer any assistance. I simply posted that in my opinion, there was no piracy issue.
In 'that' particular thread, perhaps there wasn't, but perhaps there is....the poster hasn't answered my question regarding 'who' the .exe file belongs to.

Brendan, I'm not going to get into a debate with you here, but you know very well what I'm speaking of. Just the other day there was a P2P thread where you suggested avenues to the poster, then you reported the thread. More than one moderator, and I know that I myself, have pointed this out to you....the next word will be from TechGuy, as I'm sick and tired of dealing with the same issue.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Deke40 said:
Deke slinks away to the dunce corner. Where is that pointy hat.:D
I'm saving it for the New Year's Eve party ;)

Next time, perhaps PM or email me, TechGuy or Cookiegal ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online