MOH:AA - Lockup / Freeze + Texture Problems on Secret Documents Level

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Akito

Information:
Metal of Honor: Allied Assault
Latest Drivers from VIA, Nvidia, and Advance 97'
DX9b

Problem:
The game was running great until the Secret Documents of Kelisgmarine (sp?) level. Once I got here, I had graphic glitches, and now it freezes every few seconds, and sometimes locks the computer up. Running in safe mode stops the freezing, but I still get graphic problems. Any ideas?

Akito

Now it's happing on all levels AND on the Call of Duty Demo. I reformatted, but it still happens. Sounds like a driver problem? I tried an older nvidia driver but it didn't go away. Metal of Honor is OpenGL so it shouldn't be DX related..

No, I wouldn't say it's a driver problem, but rather a heat problem. Clean out all the dust in your system, and try running it with the side of the case off.

Akito

Yeah, that fixed it. Living up in the MTN's gives me plenty of dust ;)

Thanks McTimson!

Akito

Would you recommend getting something like a card cooler to help out? I found one at Power PC and Cooling for ~ 30 bucks with 2 fans, seems to look nice...

Make sure the fan on your video card is working. If it's not, then fix it. I would just get some case fans, if you have good airflow, then it won't overheat.

Akito

Well, I have an Xaser II case, which has a side fan blowing on the video card, 2 front mounted fans, and 2 rear mounted fans. I should be OK then as long as it doesn't fill up with dirt again..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online