Mohaa Spearhead crashes back to windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

edd080

Hi to all,
i hope someone can help me in on this strange problem. I have recently installed Mohaa Allied Assault, it plays without any problems,i then decided to install the spearhead expansion pack, which also installed without any errors, but when i try to load the game the splash screen shows up and iam taken back to windows without any errors except when i check my event viewer, iam given this error :
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7.

this error is given every time i try to load spearhead. Does anybody have any idea what could be the reason to this problem?
Thanks & regards ,
Edward.

hmm... uninstall spearhead, then try to run mohaa by itself (without the expansion pack)
if it runs fine, install the expansion again. oh and by the way what kind of a video card and cpu do you got?

edd080

Hi majordutch , yes thankyou for your reply, i have done exactly as you said, i uninstalled allied assault, and spearhead, installed allied assault and played the game on its own, then i installed the expansion pack and the same error occurs, though allied assault manages to run normaly. My specs are:
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
1GB Ram
ATI Radeon X 800 Pro 256 MB Catalyst 5.6
Iam concerned about the event viewer error which is displayed after trying to play spearhead:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7.

that is very weird, i can come up with only one thing, if you have the latest ati drivers, try to install previous versions of drivers instead.
if this wont work, try to get a different copy of spearhead from someone else.

eventually, try to contact ati... good luck man

edd080

thanks for your reply, do u think it has something to do with my graphics card?

graphic card , maybe its too new...

now seriously, nooooooooo you have one of the best on market, so its not the card, but i do suggest that older driver thing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online