1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Moire from printed e-mail photos

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lilart, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

I have printed photos from e-mails before, but never had a problem with moire patterns. This time I have a fine vertical line pattern that is not clearly seen unless you have glasses on that magnify them. Unfortunately, I wear glasses that bring them out. What can I do to prevent or get rid of the moire? Any ideas? Thanks, lilart

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It likely just a matter of the resolution of the email derived image vs the resolution of the printer. Does it happen with every image or just the lower resolution ones from the emails?

3. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

The photos were all taken with a digital camera and sent to me. I wanted them in 4x6 size which I thought would work well. Recent photos that were sent to me were more appropriate printed out 8 1/2 x 11 and printed out beautifully. I am printing on an HP 6122--can't find anything on paper to know exactly its resolution possibilities. Will have to research it. Will I have to print the ones with moire in a larger scale. I hope not, as I wanted to put them in an album. I believe I have printed out smaller ones before with no moire. Can I change the resolution on the computer? I have Adobe Elements 3, but not an expert with it. Thanks, lilart

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/394139