Molasses Modem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

driftwood2004ua

I've just downloaded cablenut 4.08 and it ended up in My Documents.To install it do I just click the file drop down list and click "Run As" or have I messed things up already?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What kind of connection do you have - 56K dial-up or high-speed cable/fiber optics? If it's high-speed, what's the maximum upload speed and download speed that your Internet Service Provider advertises?

The install of Cablenut 4.08 will put an icon on the desktop and a listing in the Start menu. Part of the listing will include the adjuster where settings are added or changed.

You list yourself as a "Beginner". Do you know how to use the adjuster window?

----------------------------------------------------------------

According to your computer specs, you're using an EMachines eTower 400ie with only 128 MB of RAM. If that's the case, Windows XP will run like molasses - no matter how much tweaking you do..

If you create a folder right on your desktop and direct all your downloads to be saved there, they won't wind up in your "My Documents" folder or somewhere else.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online