1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Molasses Modem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by driftwood2004ua, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driftwood2004ua

driftwood2004ua Thread Starter

I've just downloaded cablenut 4.08 and it ended up in My Documents.To install it do I just click the file drop down list and click "Run As" or have I messed things up already?

2. Hermitt43

Hermitt43

First Name:
    Jim
    Just Double Click on it and choose run/install.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What kind of connection do you have - 56K dial-up or high-speed cable/fiber optics? If it's high-speed, what's the maximum upload speed and download speed that your Internet Service Provider advertises?

The install of Cablenut 4.08 will put an icon on the desktop and a listing in the Start menu. Part of the listing will include the adjuster where settings are added or changed.

You list yourself as a "Beginner". Do you know how to use the adjuster window?

----------------------------------------------------------------

According to your computer specs, you're using an EMachines eTower 400ie with only 128 MB of RAM. If that's the case, Windows XP will run like molasses - no matter how much tweaking you do..

If you create a folder right on your desktop and direct all your downloads to be saved there, they won't wind up in your "My Documents" folder or somewhere else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice