1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Momitsu CD_ROM drive stuck shut unless there is a cd inside

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rmay635703, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmay635703

rmay635703 Thread Starter

I have a momitsu cd-rom drive that absolutely will not open unless you leave a cd in the drive.

When I have shut the drive without a cd in place I have had to shut the computer off and use a paper clip to force the drive open , then insert a cd into the tray. Then it will open as long as it is closed with a cd in the tray. (when the computer is on it sucks the drive right back in when I use a paper clip)

Also I have tried to open the drive without a cd in..
    it won't open in dos, when I turn the computer on it won't open and it won't open in windows. I even tried the drive just hooked into the power supply with no i/o and it still refuses.

Do you think I can fix this thing? Software/drivers seem to have no effect. I think something must be plain stuck

Thanx

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Sounds like it's time for a new one. $20-30

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice