1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Momma has the KLEZ!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by xrayben, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrayben

xrayben Thread Starter

My mother's running windows 98 and kept getting errors and freeze-ups so I ran the online virus scan and it found 9 infected files. 8 filesinfected with WORM_HYBRIS.B and 1 file that said KLEZ. I ran a KLEZ fix program in safe mode and now her computer freezes at the desk top saying EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in module WSOCK32.DLL. The details button says there is a missing MSWEBAPI.DLL file. HELP!!

2. Balzac

Balzac Guest

3. xrayben

xrayben Thread Starter

I managed to run that program but it couldn't find the 2 dll files the error message said were missing. WSOCK32.DLL and MSWEBAPI.DLL I thought I could reload windows 98 from disc but now I can't get the thing out of DOS mode and into safe mode. It gets stuck at the c:\ prompt. Sledgehammer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice