Moniter Display Settings problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dung

Hi... my display settings seem to be outta wack after my brother used the comp last night. It's set at 640x480 and when I try to change it back to 1024x768 and restart, I get the message...

"There is a problem with your display settings. The adapter type is incorrect, or the current settings do not work with your hardware."

I've tried unplugging the monitor, deleting the adapter and reconfiguring, and even tried hooking up my old monitor. All to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Reinstall the videocard drivers. You should download the latest version.

Dung

Arcadion said:
Reinstall the videocard drivers. You should download the latest version.
What is the step by step process for doing this? (If you don't mind)

Thanks!

It depends what kind of videocard you have. Since you're computer illiterate....

1. Goto Start and click on Control Panel.

2. Click "Performance And Matinence" and then click "See basic information about this computer". Or, if "Performance and Matinence" doesn't show up, then just click "System".

3. Click on the "Hardware" tab.

4. Click on the "Device Manager" button.

5. Click the plus sign next to "Display Adaptors".

Tell us what you see.

Cheers,

Roger

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online