Moniter firmly demands resolution change!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

UltraPenguin

Sorry if I'm not that specific here. I can get more details if need be. My dad has an HP computer (the kind with the built in video card and such). He dropped something behind his desk that rattled his case, and now whenever he starts his comp, his moniter (a 15 inch LCD) says that he should/must change his resolution to 1024x768 with 60hz refresh rate. But, of course, he can't do that because he cant get to his windows (even in safe mode). I think that his video card came undone or something, but I'm not sure. Please help!

Something seems odd here. That might be the native resolution for the monitor (where it will give the best picture). It still should run at other resolutions. Check the monitor cable. You may have to hook up another monitor to see what things are set at and if needed set things to [email protected]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online