1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

moniter problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmcmullen, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jmcmullen

jmcmullen Thread Starter

Can anyone help.
    I started my computer this morning and the monitor is has a small blury screen. In the properties it says only 16 million colors where before it said 256 million.
    Does anyone know what the problem is or what to do to fix it?
    It wont let you choose 256 colors either. Windows 98

2. carltasha

carltasha

It could be that the vidio card is failing . any chance of trying a different one ? if you have drivers for the one you have try reinstalling. Check in "divice manager " to see if there is any problem . and check back here to see if someone has better idias.

3. jmcmullen

jmcmullen Thread Starter

Will check the device manager and see if there is any problems. Cant get out of safemode. Can I go to Run and type “scanreg /restore” to try and get back to normal mode? I will also check the Video card after this.
    jmcmullen

4. carltasha

carltasha

scanreg /restore is a good plan , try it.

5. jmcmullen

jmcmullen Thread Starter

It will be later today.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    James

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice