moniter problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jmcmullen

Can anyone help.
I started my computer this morning and the monitor is has a small blury screen. In the properties it says only 16 million colors where before it said 256 million.
Does anyone know what the problem is or what to do to fix it?
It wont let you choose 256 colors either. Windows 98

It could be that the vidio card is failing . any chance of trying a different one ? if you have drivers for the one you have try reinstalling. Check in "divice manager " to see if there is any problem . and check back here to see if someone has better idias.

jmcmullen

Will check the device manager and see if there is any problems. Cant get out of safemode. Can I go to Run and type “scanreg /restore” to try and get back to normal mode? I will also check the Video card after this.
jmcmullen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online