Moniter trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nakiru

Ok here's the deal. my dad has a home based business, and he really needs his computer to work. For some reason, the moniter keeps going blank at random times. It will be working fine one minute, and the next thing you know, it will go blank. When you turn it off anf then back on, it will stay on for about 3 seconds and then go blank again. I have checked the refresh rate and all that good stuff. can someone give me either an idea what's wrong with it, or better yet, how to fix the problem?

The monitor has a physical fault, either take it to a monitor/TV repair place or replace it.

Nakiru

i really hate to question the judgement of technicians, but are you sure there can't be anything wrong with the computer or maybe the power suply?

Have you tried using the monitor on a different computer to see if it still does it? If it does, it's the monitor. Positive.

Nakiru

it's a fairly new flat screen monitor, and we don't have another computer that's good enough to run it... the monitor works most of the time, it just spazzes out every now and then. it can go days without any problems at all

Then send it back for a warranty replacement.

My original comment still applies. I'm unsubscribing from this thread, I think I'm wasting my time.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
While it could be some other thing, the most likely suspect it the monitor. In addition, the logical way to troubleshoot is to divide and conquer. Testing the monitor on another machine is the best way to do that.

I'm curious as to why you can't run the monitor on another computer. Almost any system can reach the resolution required to drive most models of LCD monitors. The only thing that comes to mind is it has a DVI only interface. If it has a VGA interface, I'd be somewhat surprised if you can't use it on another system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online