1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor #2 washed out.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DaleMc, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleMc

DaleMc Thread Starter

At my wits end here. System:
    Dell 660
    Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition w/SP1
    8GM RAM
    Corsair CX600M PSU
    Brand new ASUS GeForce GTX 960 video card
    #1 ASUS VS248 monitor and #2 ASUS VS242 monitor
    1 each HDMI and DVI connections

Monitor #2 has colors 'washed out.' I can physically switch monitors and even switch inputs and monitor #2 always has colors washed out. Makes no difference which monitor has which input or which monitor is designated #1 and #2, #2 always washed out. For example, an Excel spreadsheet that looks perfect on monitor #1 looks like old, yellowed paper on #2. Black text seems to have a green haze.

One person suggested either the car was bad or the PSU was bad (well, he called it junk to begin with). I just replaced a GeForce GT620 card with the GTX 960 thinking I needed a more robust card. No change and I used the PCI power connection from the PSU to power it. I even disabled the onboard video via the Windows Device Manager, no joy.

Both monitors are set to

I began noticing the problem when I had the GT620 card, the ASUS VE242 monitor (with DVI input) and an older ACER monitor with VGA input; the ACER showed washed out colors as well. Bought the ASUS VS248 to replace the ACER thinking the ACER was going bad.

Could it really be the PSU or is there another avenue to explore? I hate to spend another $250-$300 for a PSU if it's not needed.

Thanks...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice