1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor acting up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cardinalduke, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardinalduke

Cardinalduke Thread Starter

I have a Soyo Topaz S 24" monitor
    Windows vista operating system
    Dell inspiron 530
    Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Driver

When I boot, I get a 'no signal' then the monitor acts as though it turns off (power on but no picture). To see the screen, I have to boot into safe mode and then either uninstall the driver or disable it and reboot.

Initially the "no signal" readin a foreign tongue (oriental language). So I had to switch the language back to english so I could read. I included this info b/c perhaps it reset itself or something funky?

So far I have tried:

1) Quick restore to earlier timeframe (didn't change anything)
    2) Reinstall drivers
    3) Have dell customer support reinstall drivers, work on it, etc.

I am considering buying a graphics card and installing it for the hell of it. Good idea?

Do you guys have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks in advance.

-Michael

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice