1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor artefacting, unable to boot Windows, what's broken?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Firedrops, Jun 25, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Firedrops

Firedrops Thread Starter

[​IMG]

CPU: AMD R3 2200G Non overclocked whatsoever
    Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus B450I
    RAM: Team group 2x8 GB

Has been working fine as a browser/office pc for ~6 months, suddenly booted to this one day. The first boot had the artefacting shown above but froze. 2nd boot onwards it's just a black screen, nothing's coming on at all.

I suspect the GPU in the APU is broken, but is there any way to confirm that it is the APU that needs RMA instead of the mobo if I have no other replacements on hand to just test each one?

2. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

That is definitely an issue with the video and it's channel to the memory; but, the first suspect would be the RAM. Try it with just one module and/or other memory altogether.

3. replay

replay

Could be something simple as the video cable
    Start there

4. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

I doubt it; bad video cables don't show regular patterned defects like that. Ram or CPU are the most likely culprits.

5. replay

replay

Are you using any kind of adapter, for video ports etc??

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice