1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor Black Win 95

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Morley6, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morley6

Morley6 Thread Starter

I think my last thread died so I am back again. I had to take a break.

I just wanted to clear all my stuff off computer to give to a friend. It is a
    Compaq Presario 4112, Monitor is 1525 Compaq. It was a Win 95.

I was trying to use my Quick Restore disk and it would not work, when I tried my Win 95 companion disk that came with my computer it finally started after many tries.

At one point it asked me for file "filexfer.cnt" which I thought might be on one of the other disks, but no luck. It had a box on the screen that said "skip this file" which I checked and it finished. But when it was done all I had was a black screen and no white curser in the upper rt hand corner.

I found out that this file has to do with modem driver and did find it on line and downloaded it to a floppy and have tried to see if it would help to put in A: driver. Nothing happens, I have tried boot disk, hitting F8 key fast about 5 times. I hear everything starting and making noises, I even hooked up my other desktop monitor to the old computer and it would not work either. So
    I do not think it is the Monitor.

I have checked all plugs, removed and plugged back in also.

Is there some other way to get the screen up with some other key?

Is there some way to type something in when the screen is black that might make something come up on it?

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    It's still open, go ahead and copy/paste your post here to your original thread below so the history of the problem's not lost to others that may try to help. Thanks .... I'm closing this as a duplicate ...

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=261772

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice