Monitor Black Win 95

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Morley6

I think my last thread died so I am back again. I had to take a break.

I just wanted to clear all my stuff off computer to give to a friend. It is a
Compaq Presario 4112, Monitor is 1525 Compaq. It was a Win 95.

I was trying to use my Quick Restore disk and it would not work, when I tried my Win 95 companion disk that came with my computer it finally started after many tries.

At one point it asked me for file "filexfer.cnt" which I thought might be on one of the other disks, but no luck. It had a box on the screen that said "skip this file" which I checked and it finished. But when it was done all I had was a black screen and no white curser in the upper rt hand corner.

I found out that this file has to do with modem driver and did find it on line and downloaded it to a floppy and have tried to see if it would help to put in A: driver. Nothing happens, I have tried boot disk, hitting F8 key fast about 5 times. I hear everything starting and making noises, I even hooked up my other desktop monitor to the old computer and it would not work either. So
I do not think it is the Monitor.

I have checked all plugs, removed and plugged back in also.

Is there some other way to get the screen up with some other key?

Is there some way to type something in when the screen is black that might make something come up on it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online