1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Monitor blank and cannot load in safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rsheffer, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsheffer

rsheffer Thread Starter

Problems here :confused:

I have a Dell E153fp monitor hook to a Dell dimension 2300.
    My problem is; I installed win xp pro. Was in the process of changing the pixel settings, when I realized that there was only one setting for this.

I unchecked the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" DUH on my part, I may have clicked on a setting that I shouldn't have. The screen went blank.

The only time that the monitor shows an image at all, is at the start up, showing the OS then gos blank. I here the windows opening music, but no image.

I tried opening in safe mode, all 3 of them.
    The only thing that comes up, looks like a series of commands that have system/32 in them. Thank you...Robb

2. pyritechips

pyritechips Gone but Never Forgotten

First Name:
    Jim
    Hello and welcome to TSG!

I'm going to move this to the XP forum where it will get better attention.

Good luck with your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!