Monitor blanks out when gaming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deshoe57

It's My Birthday!
This has been happening for awhile but haven't pursued because I haven't been playing games and happens only when I play games. The monitor goes blank or call it a flash for a second (probably less) and can be really frustrating when playing a game. Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks
Debby

First thing I would check would be my refresh rate. It sounds like you might have it set too high for the resolution you are playing at.

Does it happen when you're starting the game, or right in the middle of the game? And when it flashes, does it come back right away, and does everything look normal?

this has happend to me countless time I am uisng a Mistubishi Diamond Plus 200 21" monitor. And as Jtoas Mentioned Refresh Rate. I had put my refresh rate higher than my Monitor can handle and that happend lower it down it will help.

How to Change Refresh Rate:

Simply Right Click on your desktop> go to properties>Settings Tab>Advanced>Monitor Tab>Lower Your screen refresh rate first to one under and so on until it stops if it continues and your refresh rate wasnt its max then try maxing it. If it still has problems then i dunno.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online