monitor brightness

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buffymtl

i have my monitor brightness on fully with the physical buttons on the monitor but i still find that when i view videos it's very dim. Is there any other way of making my monitor brighter? I see in properties/settings/advanced/monitor there is a frequency setup would this help? I have windows 2000 pro.

Thank you

What do you have your contrast set to? And is it a CRT monitor or an LCD?

buffymtl

my monitor is set to High Color 16 bit, and i have a compaq monitor that came with the system 7 years ago. How can i see what kind of monitor i have?

If the system that old then you have a CRT monitor. Try adjusting the contrast and reducing the brightness It may well be on it's last legs - if the above doesn't work then it may be time to get a new one.

cwwozniak

Chuck
If only videos are dark, you may want to see if the software you are using to play them has its own brightness and contrast settings. Example of video settings in WMP shown in attachment.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online