Monitor Calibration

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stoner

Banned
I'm looking for recomendations for guides on how to set monitor calibration so I see colors, gamma, contrast and brightness of images posted at web sites, as they are supposed to be viewed.
I have altered my settings over time to accomodate my eyes, but after the last update at TSG, I'm aware that my settings are not conducive to posting what I want to project as an image and what I'm seeing in other's images is often too dark.
I have an old guide from a Jasc PSP7 web page that helps correct to some degree, but it's a simplified guide that may not be as accurate as I want.
I have PSP8, but the help file states:
Paint Shop Pro’s monitor gamma setting adjusts how colors display in Paint Shop Pro. This setting does not affect how your monitor displays colors in other applications.
So, using it to view web sites won't help.

Any recomendations for setting up monitor calibration and or guides to follow?

i just can't see the value in paying that much for something I'll use once... if I was making a living of it, that would be different of course. now, if someone were to bring theirs over so i could calibrate my monitor, i'll gladly pay them $20 or so. :)

buck52

Banned
-=ZeroHour=-

If you want to do the job properly as well as print what you are seeing... it needs to be done correctly with the proper software and hardware...

You're monitor and printer need to be on the same planet...so to speak... ;) ... otherwize it's just a crap shoot

buck

yeah.. i realize that.. so far i haven't had any bad prints.. either from my printer nor the shop. for now, i'll leave it as is.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online